Our 2.2km swim will start at the northern end of Mollymook Beach finish at the southern end of Mollymook Beach.
- 500m Junior and Novice ocean swim at southern end (open to Juniors 10, 11, 12 years, and ‘Novice’ ocean swimmers (13 years and over), commencing approx 9:00, Early bird entry fee $20 or on the day entry fee $25
- 2.2 km ocean swim from the northern end to the south end (open to 13 years and over), commencing approx 10:30 am, Early bird entry fee $35 or on the day entry fee $40
- 250m Dash for Cash swim at southern end (open to all entrants in either 2.2 km or 500m events). There are separate male and female swims commencing approx 11:30 am. Entry free to 500m and 2.2km swimmers. Proudly sponsored by Raine & Horne Real Estate, Ulladulla.
Prizes: First male and female in the 2.2 km will receive $500 each and place getters in the various age categories will also receive prizes. The Dash for Cash will reward the first male and female with $100 each.
Friday 6th April 2018 at the Mollymook Surf Club 5:00pm – 6:30pm
Saturday 7th April 2018 at the Mollymook Surf Club 7:30am – 8:30am
500 metre Course:
The 500 metre race will commence at 9:00am, starting and finishing in front of the Surf Club. It is a U shaped course with two buoys to be passed on the seaward side.
2.2km swim from North to South end:
The 2.2 km race will commence at 10:30am. Swimmers will swim a one-way course, as shown on the course map, commencing at the northern end. Swimmers must pass the first course buoy on the seaward side then the second on the seaward side. Competitors will finish the swim at the finish chute on the beach in front of the Mollymook SLSC.
Getting to the start (2.2 km event)
The walk from Mollymook SLSC to the starting point at the northern end of Mollymook Beach, is about 1.5 kilometres. Shuttle bus transport will be available from behind the surf club from 9:30am.
Pre race briefings:
A pre race briefing for the 2.2 km event will be conducted at the starting line at the Northern end of Mollymook Beach at 10:15am. Note: A pre-race briefing for the 500m event will be conducted at the starting line at the Southern end at 8:45am.
First aid stations will be situated at the start and finish lines if required. The swimmer’s physical condition is their responsibility.
Water safety craft will patrol the course throughout the event. Swim protocol is to move to the side of the course and raise your hand straight above your head if you are in difficulty.
The race director reserves the right to cancel the event due to rough or dangerous conditions. All competitors should check this website for information at regular intervals after 4pm the day prior for confirmation of event. Keep checking the website or tune into Power FM/2ST from 6am Sunday morning for updates.
Back of the Pack:
This category includes wetsuit swimmers, flippers, kickboard, and mask and snorkel users. There are no podium prizes for back of the pack starters.
Dash for Cash
Two fun sprint swims (male and female) over approx. 250m. Entry only for registered Mollymook Ocean Swim competitors. Male and female winners of the Dash for Cash will each receive $100.
- All swimmers must wear their prescribed cap and race number.
- Any paddlers accompanying a swimmer must remain well clear of other competitors so as not to impede their progress or give unfair advantage to their swimmer.
- Swimmers in the “Back of the Pack” division, are not eligible for podium prizes.
All swimmers are to behave in a fair and sportsman like manner without interference or aggression towards other competitors and any breach of this rule may result in disqualification from the Mollymook Beach Ocean Swim.
If in the opinion of the race referee, the weather or swimming conditions are dangerous or unsuitable, the Mollymook Beach Ocean Swim may be cancelled without notice. In the unlikely event of cancellation, entry fees will not be refunded as most of the costs associated with running the event will be incurred before the event.
Timetable of the Day
7.30 – 8.45am Competitor Registration
8:00am Hot food van open
8:00 – onwards Secure baggage area open at Surf Club
9:00am Junior/Novice swim start (500 m)
9:30am Shuttle bus service starts
9:30 – 10.00am Swimmers to make their way to the northern end of Mollymook Beach
10.15 – 10.20am Pre race Briefing 10.30am 2.2km Race start
11.30am Competitors assemble for the “Dash for Cash” (250m) – (Male swim first, followed by the female).
Approx 12:30pm Presentation to Category Winners