Welcome to season 2021-22
Dear Nipper Parents,
We hope that you and your family are staying safe and well at these challenging times.
Thank you for your patience and support over the past few months while we have waited for the COVID-19 situation to unfold. Earlier this week, the NSW Government announced the roadmap for easing restrictions once NSW has hit the 80% double vaccination target and beyond.
The Nipper season at Mollymook SLSC
We are excited to announce that the Nipper season will start on 31 October! Same as last year, the first day will have a staggered start. We will be in touch with your child’s start time in the next few weeks.
In line with the public health orders, when NSW hits the 80% double vaccinated target, we are allowed to resume community sport. All participants, parents and volunteers (16+) must be double vaccinated. From December 1, participation is open to everyone.
Once again, we are asking all parents to support us to meet Government requirements and stay COVID Safe by:
- Registering online through SLS Portal (see immediately below in Registration section)
- Staying at home if you or your child have any COVID-19 symptoms or are unwell
- Ensuring that you check in using the QR code when attending Nippers to assist with contact tracing
- Maintaining physical distancing while spectating, both in and around the clubhouse and on the beach
- Bringing your own sunscreen, water bottles and towels to avoid sharing
- Where possible, showering and getting dressed at home
Interested in helping out this season?
Now is the perfect time to consider helping out as an Age Manager! As per last season, only qualified members are able to support the delivery of Nippers. Trained Age Managers and Water Safety team members will help us ensure that nippers are kept safe both in the water and on the beach.
As always we would love for more people to join the team! If you would like to find out a bit more about becoming an Age Manager or joining our Water Safety team, please let me know and I can share our upcoming course dates.
We are committed to keeping all members of the club safe, and we thank you for your support and understanding in these changing times.
Tony Ireland, Junior Activity Chair
Registration can only be done online through https://members.sls.com.au/SLSA_Online/modules/login/index.php
There are 3 different cost options:
Individual Nipper – $50, or
Family Membership – $80 plus affiliation fee of $12 for each nipper. For example, family with 1 nipper = $92, with 2 nippers = $104 etc. or
Active Kids Voucher Package – $100 (and includes $50 credit for use in the club clothing store).
Registration fees entitle children to full competitive and training use of age appropriate club equipment including paddle boards and use of the club house and its facilities (which includes toilets, change room and showers.)
The club has a good store of equipment, including foam and fibre glass boards. Each age group is able to have access to this equipment, and it will be available at regular club training and inter club competition.
Age groups remain a minimum age of 7 years (U/8) up to a maximum age of 13 years (U/14) on a seasonal basis, with age group for the season being determined as at midnight on 30 September at the commencement of that season. For example, if your child is 8 years old on midnight 30 September, they will be in the U/9s.
The season calendar is typically split up between Coaching days, Team Days, Club Championships / Pointscore (four) and Branch Inter-Club Carnivals, Branch Championships, Country and State Carnivals.
Sunday morning activities commence at 8.45am with an assembly & information session. Beach activities start promptly at 9:00am followed by water events.
You can expect that Sunday morning Nippers and carnivals are generally held in all weather conditions. Surf activities will be curtailed if the surf is too rough. Whilst the water is still cool, during club activities, wetsuits can be worn for water events. During competition at carnivals wetsuits CANNOT be worn.
Opportunity is also taken at these times to carry out the required Surf Education program of learning.
Families are kept up to date on upcoming activities at the Sunday morning assemblies, website and newsletters.
Please don’t be afraid to ask anyone on the committee if you are in doubt at all about the scheduled program of events.
- Coloured age group caps are to be worn for all home beach activities. These caps are supplied by the club. Club caps (black with white stripes) are different to our coloured age caps and need to be worn when competing at a carnival. Club caps can also be purchased from our Regalia shop.
- Club swimwear is also available at the Regalia shop. Children are required to wear club costumes in interclub team event competition. Prices are very competitive. For the safety of all competitors no jewellery is permitted to be worn in any surf club competition or training.
- For all junior activities it is a requirement for all aquatic (water) activities that nippers be clearly identified with an endorsed high visibility garment as a means of easy identification above the water surface. Our club has hi-vis singlets available at the Regalia shop
- The Regalia shop also has supplies of club long sleeve t-shirts, sloppy joes, sunproof jackets. To see our items available visit the regalia shop.
Although uniforms are available throughout the season, most families purchase their needs at the beginning of each year. To keep costs down, we make every effort to purchase quality goods at the most competitive prices available. Dated (but unused) stock is sometimes available at cheaper prices so it’s worth checking before making your purchase.
We thank you in advance for helping to finalise registrations before our first Nippers day on 19th October. This will ensure your child is not excluded from activities, pending processing, and we can all get on with enjoying the beach from day one.
- Tony Ireland 0411 143 771
- Steph Campbell (Secretary) 0414 789 351
CANBERRA CONTACT: Peter Innes 0456 408 330
CLUB EMAIL: email@example.com
ONLINE RENEWALS: www.portal.sls.com.au